Kayak is a small and narrow boat which has to be rowed by using double-bladed paddles. It was basically used to hunt marine animals and for fishing. But in later years, it gained prominence as a water sport and the sporting event is called Kayaking (dates back 4000 years ago). This is one such water sport, which is performed in lakes, rivers, and seas. It can also be used for other activities like diving and promoting eco-tourism. Kayak Trailers is an accessory that is used as a vehicle to carry kayaks along with us when we go out and can be used for many other purposes.
Uses of Kayaks:
- Recreation-Recreational kayaks are one of the most widely selling kayaks. These are a special type of kayaks that have a wide and sufficient seating arrangement. They are used generally for fishing or just to paddle on lakes.
- Military-Kayaks are being used in the military for so many years and there is evidence of them being used in Second World War. Many countries have made kayaks as the official military vehicle designed especially for that purpose.
- Surfing-Kayaks are used for surfing but the design varies for this purpose too which has a shape similar to a surfboard.
- Scuba Diving-A specially made “Sit on top” kayaks are used for this purpose so that the person can have an easy enter and exit while scuba diving. These kayaks are generally made of polyethylene which gives the good flexibility.
Materials used in preparing Kayak Trailers
Materials like Steel, PVC pipes, and Aluminum are generally used. Many websites are also providing DIY (Do It Yourself) tips so that one can prepare one’s own trailer.
Trailers vs Racks
- Trailers are long platforms or boxes on wheels, where a good can be placed. They are attached to another vehicle for a car etc. While Racks are spaces provided over the vehicle itself.
- Trailers are a bit comfortable for carrying load than racks as they provide a lot of spacing and as they are attached to the vehicle, no overload will be there over the vehicle in which you travel.
- Trailers have high storage capacity than racks.
So, the use of trailers requires less effort compared to racks. But there are also some cons involved in it. Trailers are costly to racks and difficulty may arise while driving in turns. Grab more proficiency and good experience.